What we do ...
Where we are ...
Fort Lauderdale, Port St. Lucie, Sarasota, and West Palm Beach offices. Dunkelberger offices include certified materials testing laboratories. We are also a federal small business firm under NAICS Codes 541380 - testing laboratories, 541350 - building inspection services, and 541620 - environmental consulting services.
What We're Certified for ...
- Florida Board of Professional Engineers (Authorization No. 6870)
- FDOT qualified
- Group 9 (Soil Exploration, Material Testing and Foundations)
- Group 10 (Construction Materials Inspection)
- CMEC certified laboratories
- USACE validated laboratory
Welcome to Dunkelberger ...
Our mission is to provide professional engineering services, in the disciplines of geotechnical, construction materials and inspection, and environmental assessment, of distinctive quality and with personalized attention to make our clients' projects more successful. Celebrating Dunkelberger's 19th anniversary this year, I'm proud of the following footprints of our mission:
- Completion of more than 10,000 projects with a loyal client following from both the public and private sectors of the marketplace
- Senior leadership by the example of consistency and professionalism of the four other owners and principal engineers - Kevin Aubry, P.E.; Craig Dunkelberger, P.E.; Mike O'Connor, P.E.; and Tom Tepper, P.E.
- Emerging leadership, at all staff levels, committed to both professional development and community service
- Trust as the keystone of our culture which elevates staff performance, encourages team work, and offers a partnering approach with our clients.
Our senior engineers have more than 150 years of aggregate expertise, including national and international project experience, and we've been fortunate to apply that knowledge in recent years to some of Florida's largest and most complex infrastructure works (interstate highways, ports, and water resource facilities - see our Project Portfolio). At the same time, we've maintained a flexibility and willingness to serve all segments of the marketplace.
A key part of the Dunkelberger success is that we provide a big firm expertise in a service package that offers convenience, value, and personal response. After 19 years of being in business, Dunkelberger is still seen, as a firm, in terms of familiar faces rather than as a corporate entity.
We appreciate and value where we've been as a company and look forward, expectantly, to new challenges and opportunities.
Douglas S. Dunkelberger, P.E.